Deichtorhallen

The Deichtorhallen have been constructed as market halls on the terrain of the former Berlin station, Hamburg's counterpart to the "Hamburg station" in Berlin, between 1911 and 1914.

The restored Deichtorhallen have been assigned to the Deichtorhallen Ausstellungs GmbH in 1989, after having been donated to the City of Hamburg by the Körber Foundation.

Today the Deichtorhallen Hamburg unite two exhibition focuses with the hall for contemporary are and the "House of photography". Together the two buildings organize a highly diverse program of changing exhibitions.

General

Deichtorhallen Hamburg

Haus der Photographie
Aktuelle Kunst
Deichtorstraße 1 - 2
D-20095 Hamburg
Tel. +49-(0)40 32 10 30
Fax +49-(0)40 32 10 3-230